Wednesday, March 26, 2008

To the top and back

Unfortunately I haven’t even had a chance to thank you all for being so supportive and wishing us well. As you could tell from Lee’s post, WE MADE IT TO THE TOP OF KILIMANJARO!!! What an amazing experience. I can go on and on….but before all that I want say- Thank you! … for goading me on (I could have died, you freaks!!!).

Thank you also for all those who donated to my cause. I raised $3,500 from this fundraiser! It will all go towards constructing a fish farm in Mali. I am exhilirated!

It has been a month since I am back, but I can’t stop thinking about Tanzania. Someone take me back….just one more time. So unfortunately for some, I will attempt at recreating all the good times (as and when time permits). The bad times will be exaggerated so that some of you don’t jump up and say, ’Hmmm. I could have done that too!’ Even Edmund Hillary didn't climb Kilimanjaro.

Read about our journey to the top

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Summiting Kilimanjaro is something that is within reach for anyone of reasonable fitness. It takes is some training and some willpower. Congrats on your accomplishment! Hope you make it back to Tanzania.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

nickelblaas said...

Well done !!!

Doing the same in June/July 2010
See kilijambo.blogspot
Very informative and a great help. Thanks

Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro said...

Reach the summit on Mount Kilimanjaro is an amazing achievement and that fact that you managed to raise so much money for charity at the same time is fantastic,let me know if you ever want to do it again.....

Reach Summit said...

Congratulations! Although being a popular trek, Kilimanjaro remains a challenging altitude trek. Training tips and trekking advise help increasing your chance of success on the summit of Kilimanjaro. An adventure of a lifetime!

Kilimanjaro said...

Nice blog about Kilimanjaro. It is very interesting to read about the trek :-)

I climbed Kilimanjaro almoust one year ago, and I would like to go and climb again, perhaps Mount Kenya.

Kilimanjaro Treks said...

Congratulations. No place like uhuru peak?!

kilimanjaro trips said...

I am looking at kilimanjaro trips for next year and stories like this inspire me to really go for it.
I know that it will be tough but I just can't see myself sticking to my current routine without doing sometihng exciting.
If I can raise as much as you did for charity then that is another terrific reason to do something so wonderful with a couple of weeks of my life

Lemosho Climbing Route Map said...

Unlike mt Kenya, Mt kilimanjaro climb is relatively gentle and most people with relative fitness can do it. The toll comes from lack of mental preparedness to tackle long treks in a single day, with some days with more than 12km hike.

It is also recommended that you take an extra day to acclimatise before Attempting Climbing Kilimanjaro

machame route 6 days climb said...

Machame has overtaken Marangu route for being the most popular trail on kilimanjaro. Machame hiking routeis however more difficult than marangu and is also a very scenic route through rain forests with trees covered in moss and lichen and dripping with morning dew.